A parasite is an organism adapted to adverse conditions that can live in any part of the human body. He developed a special treatment for parasites in the hair in case the parasites live on the head. Moreover, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment and prevention of human parasites.
Types and symptoms of hair parasites
There are all classes of organisms that parasitize human hair. Their nutritional component is human tissue, ie skin, sebum, blood. Parasites are felt in the tissues by feeding, itching, scalp pain, hair loss and causing significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult to detect and extremely dangerous to human health.
Pediculosis, or in other words, lice, is known to every parent and every child. The main risk group is school-age children. The main danger of lice is invisibility. Due to the pale color of the body, they look like small insects that can hide under the light skin of the human head. Nits are the eggs of lice that cling tightly to the hair follicles and are often difficult to get rid of. There are larvae in the nits. Lice can escape quickly and become infected through direct human contact, such as touching their heads and wearing a hat or clothing. The bites are left behind and they feel most comfortable in the temples and behind a person's head.
Piraeus is a ubiquitous parasite
Bira used to be a carrier of plague and typhoid. It is often a resident of animal fur, but also occurs in humans. These are insects of different shades - from yellowish to dark brown. Lice are classified according to the type of host. These are divided into the following types:
- Home: underwear; genitals.
- Others: dogs; cat; chicken; human; rat; land.
Human fleas are versatile. They can feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are types that choose living spaces in the form of carpets, upholstered furniture. Such lice are called local lice. Land fleas live in the yard and do not pose a threat to people, because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of bees is the presence of infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites are common in warm, tropical countries. Getting rid of them takes more time and effort than those living on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, gaps between the fingers, a microscopic mite parasitizes and causes itching. It feeds on human skin tissues, gnaws under the skin and causes unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is dirophilia. This parasite develops under the mucous membrane of the eye, which can impair vision or even blind a person. It is possible to get rid of it only with surgery.
A hair mite or demodex lives in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to the scalp and hair structure, causing excessive hair loss. They first feed on dry scales - pieces of dead skin, then enter the follicles and cause serious damage, resulting in hair loss. A tick on the eyelashes stimulates the formation and shedding of white or yellowish scales between the hairs. This parasite often causes bright red pimples on the face. He may not be able to remember himself for a long time, but he feels himself with the above reactions when his immunity is weakened.
Causes of parasites in the human head
Each type of parasite enters the human body from the external environment. Lice are transmitted directly from person to person or from infected objects. The flea is brought home with pets, passed from animal to animal, as well as from animal to human and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water as a result of swimming in contaminated water bodies and direct contact between animals and humans. Demodex lives in the human body without any discomfort or damage, but activates and provokes the extremely unpleasant symptoms described above in case of deterioration of skin care, hair quality, aggressive cosmetic use.
Treatment of head lice
Each type of parasite living in the human head requires a special approach to treatment. Pediculosis is usually treated at home. To do this, use drugs that can be in the form of sprays, shampoos, creams, emulsions. You need to pay attention to the composition of the drug in order to choose a suitable product from the range offered in stores and pharmacies.
Get rid of someone
A flea is a changeable inhabitant of the human body. He is always on the move. The blood-sucking parasite leaves the body until it is hungry again and begins to look for a new victim. For this reason, the more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is room or animal hair. There are many medications sold in pet stores to treat a pet. They use different disinfection methods to get rid of lice at home. They carry out the cleaning themselves by purchasing a special tool or ordering this service from the appropriate service. In addition, if a flea is found on an animal, it is worth remembering that you must make sure that the larvae are already placed in different parts of the house. Therefore, it is not enough to treat the animal alone. Generally, disinfection of buildings is combined with treatment of animal hair.
Eliminate subcutaneous parasites
Subcutaneous parasites are more of a concern than skin, although they are not a threat to human health. Hair treatment for parasites living under the skin requires a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult to diagnose because the symptoms are often perceived as diseases of the internal organs. They are often removed surgically, but some, such as itchy ticks, are removed with ointments, solutions, and other medications.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body until external conditions lead to its active nutrition and rapid development. Treatment requires a lot of time, effort and systematization. Your own efforts to cope with this problem are not enough: you can not do without an experienced dermatologist. After making sure that the symptoms show demodex, it is worth taking precautions:
- Prescription drugs (such as sulfur, resin, zinc and mercury ointments);
- antifungal ointments;
- anti-inflammatory ointments;
Be careful with Demodex! As a rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, it is contraindicated in pregnancy, breastfeeding, kidney and liver disease.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn a child of lice, it is worth teaching him to use only a comb, a hat and not to allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (cafes, schools, circles), we recommend that you hang your outerwear on a common hanger after turning it inside.
In animals, special flea collars are used for cats and dogs to prevent fleas. Wash pets using protective shampoos. When it comes to preventing lice inside, it is enough to keep the house clean. To avoid the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink boiled water, swim in stagnant water (especially in countries with hot climates) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as mentioned earlier, will not be a problem if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene using appropriate cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
According to the World Health Organization, intestinal parasites kill about 16 million people each year. Intestinal or helminth parasites in humans can be identified by disturbances in the functioning of various organs, changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The symptoms of worms are often similar to the symptoms of other diseases. For this reason, it is important to go through a series of tests to determine the types and presence of parasites for proper removal. The drugs chosen depend on the type of helminth.
The main types of worms available:
- Ascaris - up to 40 cm in size, enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the soil can live there for several years. In the body, ascaris larvae penetrate the intestinal wall, blood, liver, brain, lungs and heart. They exist because of the nutrition of red blood cells and food.
- Toxocara - This parasite is carried by a dog. Toxocara eggs enter the soil with the dog's bowel movements; lives on land for several years. Dirty hands enter the body, for example, when children play on the ground or in the sand. After entering the body, toxocara develops and lives indiscriminately. An adult grows up to 30 cm in length.
- Pinworm is a 1 cm long helminth most common in children, living in the small and large intestines; increases from the anus at night. Lays eggs on sheets, linen, skin folds. Eggs mature after 5 hours and re-enter the body through dirty hands, dust, clothes, toys.
- The tapeworm is broad - an adult can grow up to 10 m in length and can live up to 25 years inside a human. Enters the body with raw or unprocessed fish and caviar.
- Echinococcus and alveococcus are carried by animal carriers. They find themselves in the body with poorly washed greens, fruits, vegetables, raw water.
- Pork and cattle tapeworm (lenteworm) - the name refers to the carriers of these parasites. You can be infected with poorly cooked meat, pork and meat products. The length of a cow worm is 7 m, the length of a pig's ribbon is 2 m, and its life is up to 20 years.
- Ankilworm - an infection that occurs mainly through the skin when walking barefoot.
- Vlasoglav is an intestinal parasite that enters the body through dirty hands and lives in the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - mainly observed in the body of a child, reaches there through dirty hands, toys, household items. They multiply very quickly.
signs of helminths
Parasites in the human gut cause an active lifestyle. Their presence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: worms produce substances that cause diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and clogging. Helminthic invasion blocks the bile and intestinal canals.
- Irritation, swelling, gas in the intestines - the product of parasites causes inflammation, irritates the intestinal mucosa. Foods that come with food are weak or not absorbed at all. Fat enters the large intestine instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas and swelling.
- Allergies are triggered by the release of toxins from helminths. The body intensively produces protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, overproduces them and causes allergies.
- Skin changes: possible acne, urticaria, sores, eczema, ulcers. Cracks appear on the heels and the nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occurs when you walk around the body looking for a suitable organ or tissue for the existence of some types of worms. Similar pains occur when you find and locate suitable places.
- Weight loss or overweight: weight loss occurs as a result of loss of appetite and indigestion; Excess weight is manifested by a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, so the feeling of hunger is constantly enchanted.
- Constant fatigue is accompanied by apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Decreased immunity: the body can not resist infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia is caused by some types of worms sticking to the intestinal mucosa and absorbing nutrients from there.
- Nervousness - toxic wastes from the vital activity of helminths that irritate the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, nervousness, depression appear, a person bites his teeth in sleep.
- Respiratory diseases: if worms penetrate the respiratory organs, the body temperature may rise, nasal discharge is disturbed; In severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determining the presence of worms
To determine the presence and type of parasites, the doctor prescribes a series of tests. Fecal analysis is collected and presented several times.
In addition, the crumbs are taken from the anus. In some cases, an x-ray with barium is prescribed. It is recommended that the tests be performed by each family member.
Treatment for parasites and worms
In case of confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after finding the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment by various means. This can be a dosage form, in addition to alternative medicine - the use of herbs will also be a good helper.
The process of cleaning worms can be divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for removal. It is necessary to clean the intestines, liver, bile ducts.
- The second stage is the direct removal of parasites.
- Third - recovery of the immune system after treatment of damaged organs, strengthening the general well-being.
Medicines are prescribed to kill helminths such as roundworms, toxocaras, and pinworms. Many have a wide range of effects, so they can be used against a number of parasites. You can also do additional cleansing procedures with folk remedies using herbs: liver, thyme, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites living in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate peels - from pinworms and roundworms; pumpkin seeds - from pinworms; Cinnamon, ginger and cardamom are good protective anthelmintic plants. They are usually derived from several herbs and herbal remedies.
Follow a diet during treatment
It is recommended to protect the body by diet during treatment. The diet should include juices, dairy products, fruits, fibrous foods, carrots, beets, garlic. Make sure you drink more fluids. Taking medications that contain food enzymes along the way will help the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract; with probiotics (bifidobacteria) - to restore the beneficial microflora in the intestine. It is also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
You need to follow simple hygiene rules to avoid the risk of helminth infections. It is clear from the causes of infection that many types of parasites enter the body through unwashed hands.
Therefore, keep your hands clean, especially when walking, being outdoors, after using the toilet, before eating, and so on. wash thoroughly with soap.
In addition, you should regularly clean your living space, if you have pets, give them regular anti-mucus drugs and additional disinfection. Proper nutrition and drinking boiled water also play an important role. Do not buy products of questionable quality.
For prevention, if you have pets in the house, you can buy anthelmintic drugs if the place of residence is a village. Medication is also recommended if children are in constant contact with each other (kindergarten, school); often to travel abroad or to rest, to go out in nature, to fish, to hunt, and so on.
In order to constantly monitor the condition of a healthy body, it is advisable to conduct tests to check for the presence of parasites at certain times. The most important condition to protect the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is to follow cleanliness, hygiene and order.